Support Worker (35 hrs/week)
Hours: 35 hrs/week
Reference #: 260722
Download job application pack
Are you that special person we have been looking for? Someone who cares and wants to contribute to making life better for people with learning disabilities? Someone who has a friendly and compassionate nature as well as a dedicated work ethos? If that is you, we would like to talk to you and tell you about McFarlane Trust.
We can offer you a rewarding and satisfying career where you will make a positive impact every day and enjoy the benefits of working in a progressive and friendly company.
We are looking for enthusiastic and caring people to join our dedicated team. You will support people to lead a varied and fulfilled life using a person-centred approach, as well as working together to achieve meaningful and positive outcomes, which make a real difference to their lives.
Experience of working with people with complex learning disabilities would be an advantage however not essential, as we offer excellent Induction and on-going training for all staff. A driving license would also be desirable but again, not essential.
Other shifts may be available and we also offer Relief work for people who may be interested in starting a career in care. Some roles will involve weekends and evening shifts. You may also be required to sleepover at our service and accompany our service users on overnight holidays.
Successful candidates will benefit from the following;
- A pay rate of at least *£10.50 p/hr increasing to at least £11.37 p/hr after 3 years’ service. *(starting rate is negotiable dependent on experience)
- 4 weeks annual leave entitlement increasing to 5 weeks after 10 yrs service.
- 12 days paid public holidays (based on a 38hr working week)
- 5% Employer Pension Contribution on your full basic salary.
- Life Assurance scheme and Employee Health & Wellbeing scheme
- Enhanced sick pay of 4 weeks full and 4 weeks half pay.
- Enhanced maternity pay of 12 weeks at half pay (after statutory 6 weeks at 90%).
- Employee Rewards Hub membership offering lots of discounts
- Opportunities for training and development.
- SVQ courses and PVG membership & renewal fees paid
McFarlane Trust Ltd is a registered charity that has been supporting adults with learning and physical disabilities for over 25 years. We provide personalised accommodation and support services for people throughout Renfrewshire and East Renfrewshire, in a wide variety of settings and types of input from 24/7 to a few hours per week. We aim to be flexible in our approach, and focus on remaining relevant and responsive to individual needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer and if successful you will be required to undertake Disclosure Scotland vetting for PVG scheme record.Download job application pack